The quality of the vietnams Coffee is not just jet comparable with other coffees from relevant countries, wich is due to the fact of the altitude and the coffee processing
Do you work and help the coffee farmers to improve their quality and how does that look like?
Thi Nu Ngoc // The coffee quality from Vietnam was identified as lower than other countries because of three reasons:
1. Coffee varieties: people in Vietnam preferred to plant high yield varietals, for both robusta and arabica.
2. Cultivating habit, I mean bad habit, take most chemical fertilizers and . It kills the soil and bad for environment.
3. Harvesting and processing: strip harvest and low quality technique in process coffee. Bad storage.
What we do:
1. We encourage people to separate different varieties, pay more for low yield good quality coffee bean.
2. Encourage coffee farmers to process themselves. We share with them how to process good coffee, turn them from farmer into producer, guide them to manage their work as a small business. When they already have good coffee, they can choose to sell to any buyer at any time they want. When they know about the quality they can sell their products at higher price.
3. We help people to test coffee free at our Lab, analyze their problem during their farming and processing, go see them during their process and some time invest facilities for them to use.
We are trying to create a coffee community that aware of quality and passionate of producing good coffee.